first_imgA young doctor came face-to-face with his attackers in a Donegal courtroom today – despite being thousands of miles away in Australia.Dr Koe Davidson gave evidence via videolink from Melbourne to Letterkenny District Court.The young medic gave evidence against two men accused of assaulting him outside a pub in the seaside village of Dunfanaghy on April 4th, 2010. Dr Davidson had his two front teeth punched out during the completely unprovoked attack.The court heard how Dr Davidson and another American doctor Daniel Weaver came out of McColgan’s bar and were waiting for a taxi.A man approached them who was urinating on the street.The young doctors tried to move away from the man but they were then attacked by an unknown person.Dr Davidson told the court that he sought help from security men at the bar but was ignored.The attack resulted in Dr Davidson being punched and having both his front teeth knocked out.The teeth were put in milk to be preserved and they were later reinserted into Dr Davidson’s mouth through surgery.However the court was told the teeth will only last another four years and he will have to have implants.Two men, Garvin Montgomery, 23, of Ballymore, Dunfanaghy and Patrick McFadden, 26, of Derryreel, Dunfanaghy, appeared before the court on various charges in relation to the attack.Montgomery later contacted Gardai and said he was disgusted at himself for his involvement in the incident.Judge Paul Kelly described the attack on the two young doctors as “disgusting” which did nothing to help the tourism industry.He said both men had tried their best to avoid a confrontation but they had been set upon.“The defendants initiated the violence on two tourists who were minding their business – this was an appalling invasion of their person by these two men,” he said.“This country depends greatly on the tourist industry and people come here and they are entitled to feel they are safe.“These visitors thought they were having a quiet night in Dunfanaghy and this happened – the injuries suffered were appalling,” he said.Judge Kelly sentenced McFadden to six months in prison for a Section 2 assault and fined him a total of €300.He also fined Montgomery a total of €1,306.35 for various assault charges and also urinating in public.Both men were also ordered to pay costs of €1,515 including $700 AUS for the cost of the videolink from Australia.AT HEARING © 2011, all Rights ReservedThe copying, republication or redistribution of Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited by law.Follow us on us on TELLS COURT HE PUT HIS TEETH INTO MILK TO SAVE THEM AFTER SAVAGE ATTACK was last modified: November 17th, 2011 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Letterkenny District Courtvideolinklast_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *