Atlético’s bad streak with injuries He has not taken a break in the derby. Yes first Herrera fell off the list for some inconvenience, in the 48th minute it was Morata who had to leave from the countryside for a physical issue. The striker was touched and He left his place to Lemar, that reappears after another injury. The attack became Vitolo-Correa; then Carrasco-Camel, With the Argentine on the right. Morata had been one of the leading players in the first half and there was no sign that he could be touched. Nevertheless, as soon as the second half began, Lemar accelerated its warming to go out. The forward, however, did gestures to Simeone to endure and delay the change, but the technician did not want to force, knowing the narrowness of the workforce due to injuries.Thus, the 9 athletic joins, in the absence of what medical services evaluate, a list of which they are already part Arias, Trippier, Giménez, Koke, Herrera, João Félix and Diego Costa. And on the 18th, the team receives Liverpool in the Champions League, the date marked in red for months by the club and the fans.
Dead: Dexter JulesSophia murderTwenty-seven-year-old Orin Jules was on Tuesday remanded to prison by Magistrate Zamilla Ally-Seepaul at the Sparendaam Magistrate’s Court after he was arraigned for the murder of his younger brother.Jules, of Lot 634 D Field, Sophia, Greater Georgetown, was not required to plead to the indictable charge which stated that on June 18, 2016 at Sophia, he murdered his brother, 23-year-old Dexter Jules.The unrepresented man told the Magistrate that he had previously been charged with other criminal offences, including break and enter with larceny.Prosecuting the case is Police Prosecutor David Goodridge, who told the Court that the defendant had a history of threatening to kill his family members.Goodridge noted that 27-year-old Jules was recently convicted before the same court for threatening to murder his mother and his siblings.According to the Prosecution, on the day in question, the defendant and his younger brother were involved in a heated argument at their Sophia home.As a result, Orin Jules picked up a knife and stabbed his brother several times in his chest. The younger Jules was pronounced dead on arrival at the Georgetown Public Hospital. Following the incident, Orin Jules attempted to escape, but was apprehended by public-spirited persons who found him hiding in a clump of bushes nearby and handed over to the Police.The case will continue on August 4.
The Kwakehdor Farmer Group in Kpain Nimba County is embarking on cassava and rice project this season in an effort to revamp agricultural activities, which have been down for over two decades.Speaking at the project site in Kpain Tuesday, April 29, the head of the group, Mr. Landra Diagor, said as they endeavor to revamp some of the agricultural activities at the Kpain Agricultural Project Site, his group will be cultivating cassava and rice this year. Diagor disclosed that they intend on covering more than five hectares of land and then would expand gradually as support comes in.Kpain Agricultural Project site is one of the oldest agriculture sites in Liberia. In began operational in the 1950s and it was only into vegetable production.The project site used to cover at most 600 hectares of land before to the civil war. But our Nimba County Correspondent as the result of the war, agriculture activities collapsed, land became vacant and all of site’s facilities were vandalized. He stated that the land has also been encroached upon.In 2007, the UNMIL Bangladeshi Contingent known as Banbatt 7 supported the farming group in Kpain and they produced several tons of seeds rice.But the project died down upon the departure of Banbatt 7 along with all their equipment, including tractors.As they revamp the site, one challenge now facing the farming group, are livestock that are being raised by Guineans, who crossed the border to find grazing land for their animals.They told the Daily Observer that their young cassava crops have been destroyed by cows which are managed by Fulini herdsmen.“We are experiencing a great set back here from the cows, which roam this land. We want intervention before all our efforts go in vain,” said Esther Mehn, the woman leader.“If this cassava farm comes up well, we will be able to harvest over 400 ‘balawalah’ bags of cassava, said James Mulbal, one of the group’s heads.However, the Zone Chief and the Township Commissioner of Kpain, William T. Whener and William S. Belleh have assured the Kwakehdor that they will do everything possible to stop the livestock/cattle from destroying their crops.The two elders also called on the national government to extend help to the farmers in Kpain by providing them with tractors and other farming machineries so as to help them produce more food for the nation.“A nation should not depend on foreign country for its staple food when its staple food can be produced by itself. The only thing we need is government support,” said Township Commissioner Wehner. Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
BYC II won the LFA Super Cup for the first time in 11 years last Saturday when she defeated 1st division champions Nimba United 5-3 on aggregateThe ‘Go Blue Boys’ hammered the Mountaineers in a penalty shoot, 4-2, following a 1-1 draw in 90 minutes of entertaining football.The 2015 LFA 2nd division Best Goalie and BYC II Most Valuable Player (MVP), Alpha Jalloh saved two shots which denied the Mountaineers their dream for the Super Cup title.Goalie Jalloh’s remarkable penalty saves has caused BYC II to win the 2015 knockout title over Club Breweries, for the second time since 2011.At the sparsely ATS on Saturday, the Mountaineers’ diminutive but implausible striker Titus Cooper headed home the curtain raiser in the 17th minute through a Franklin Mulbah’s corner.BYC II’s wide and potent striker Terry Sackor rotated the scores in the 67th minute.Sackor’s strike has summed his goals to seven from four games since the kickoff of several test matches ahead of the CAF Confederation Cup.Presenting the trophy, LFA Vice President for Administration Musa Shannon thanked BYC II for her achievement. It may be recalled that a month ago, during BYC Football Awards Night, Shannon praised BYC for their unique organizational style and culture.BYC I and newly appointed BYC II President Sekou Konneh and Mark Terry Tweh in separate interviews said “winning is the way of life of BYC Football.”“The Super cup is going back to the Barrack – it was won by BYC I and then BYC II is returning it,” Konneh said.“We are thankful to Coach Emmanuel Kaykay and co, the players and dedicate this title to Mr. Robert Sirleaf, the CEO of BYC Football Incorporated,” Tweh said.Prior to the Super Cup derby, the LFA had an official opening program of the 2015/2016 LFA League, which many stakeholders described as ‘messy.’About 97% of the clubs were not represented, including executive committee members and there were lots of empty seats.Many believed that the death of Alphonso Armah and the resignation of Henry Flomo significantly impacted the messy formal opening program.Those named as top scorers for the 2015 League include: Kossi Aditu (Nimba United) and James Richardson (Gardnersville FC) – the number of goals were not announced.The George M. Weah Most Valuable Player awards went to: Titus Cooper (1st division Nimba United); Sekou Sheriff (2nd division Mighty Dragon) and Ezekiel Johnson (3rd division Fairplay FC).The Pewee Bestman Best Goal Keeper Awards were presented to Tommy Songo (1st division LISCR FC); Alpha Jalloh (2nd division BYC II) and Vinah Smith (3rd division New Hope).Players Richard Lloyd of 1st division Watanga FC and Micah Luo of 2nd division ELWA United won the Washington Blay Best Defender Award. Nimba United Coach Kollie Korvi grabbed the 1st division Best Coach Award while the 2nd division best coach award was given to Mighty Dragon.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
As Guyana grapples with the scourge of sexual exploitation, especially of foreigners, residents in Region Five (Mahaica-Berbice) communities of Orealla and Siparuta benefited from a Trafficking in Persons (TIP) discussion with representatives of the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).The DPP’s Chambers in a release disclosed that a four-member team from the DPP’s Office on June 27 and 28 sensitised residents about the role and functions of the DPP’s Office in the criminal justice system at the Orealla Benab on Thursday.The meeting was led by Assistant DPP Diana O’Brien who also sits on the Ministry of National Security Task Force Committee for Human Trafficking and ADPP andResidents of Orealla, Region Five at the Trafficking in Persons discussion with operatives of the DPP’s ChambersLegal Assistant Abbas Hamid who spoke on the various offences under the Sexual Offences (Amendment) Act.The Chambers observed that residents raised concerns over teenage pregnancy and pointed out their satisfaction of officials meeting with them to discuss the legal issues.The DPP release said that the team also visited the Orealla Secondary School and the Siparuta Primary School where discussions were held with students on the functions of the DPP’s Office. During the exercise, TIP posters, pamphlets and the DPP’s Chambers information booklet were distributed. The DPP says the objective of the outreach was to meet with residents and to listen to their complaints with respect to legal matters.It was only in May that four persons were arrested at a bar along Garnett Street, Newtown, Kitty, Georgetown, on allegations that they trafficked 16 women for sexual exploitation purposes. It was reported that the women provided statements to the Police Major Crimes Unit’s Trafficking in Persons Unit.Fourteen of those women were from Venezuelans with one Cuban and one from The Dominica Republic. They were discovered in a house located in David Street, Kitty in a building that was reportedly guarded. Reports were that ranks from the Unit descended on the house after reports were made that women were being forced into prostitution at a bar in the Kitty area.Earlier this year, the Police launched a major sting operation at the Diamond Nightclub and Hotel on George Street, Werk-en-Rust, Georgetown. During the raid, approximately 41 foreign nationals, along with eight employees, were arrested and a quantity of narcotics was also discovered on the premises. Several persons have been charged in connection with the incident.
Soca singer Rodney Le Blanc, popularly known as Benjai, was reportedly hit with a bottle to the outer part of the face following a concert at a popular night spot on Main Street, Georgetown.Soca Singer BenjaiThe injuries he received to his face required 25 stiches.Reports are that the singer was sharing a photo moment with fans outside the popular night spot when an argument erupted between a member of his entourage and a patron.This newspaper was told that a car allegedly reversed close to the singer and his associates, and a person from his entourage tapped on the trunk of the vehicle to alert the driver than he should stop the vehicle. This act allegedly enraged the driver, who exited the car with his friends and became embroiled in a confrontation with the member of Benjai’s entourage.The singer attempted to calm the situation and was hit to the head with a beer bottle by one of the men who had exited the car. He was rushed to a city medical facility, where he was treated; and he later left the country for his home in Trinidad. A report was made to the police, but it is not clear if anyone was arrested.Investigations are, however, continuing.
0Shares0000The plane carrying footballer Emiliano Sala that crashed in the Channel last month did not have a commercial licence, British investigators have saidLONDON, United Kingdom, Feb 27 – Emiliano Sala, the footballer killed in a plane crash last month, had been “abandoned” by his new club Cardiff City, a former agent who helped his son act in the player’s transfer said on Thursday.Willie McKay, whose son Mark McKay had a temporary mandate from Sala’s previous club Nantes to negotiate the player’s transfer to the English Premier League side, said Cardiff had “let themselves down”. “He was abandoned in a hotel more or less to do his travel arrangements himself,” Willie McKay told the BBC in an interview alongside his son.“Nobody in Cardiff seemed to be doing anything. I think Cardiff let themselves down badly,” he added.“The way they’ve acted so far, they’ve been a disgrace.”Flown by pilot David Ibbotson, the small plane carrying the 28-year-old Argentine striker came down in the Channel en route to Cardiff on January 21, two days after he completed his transfer from French side Nantes.Cardiff had previously said that they had offered their new forward a commercial flight, but Sala instead chose to fly privately.Willie McKay told the BBC he arranged the ill-fated flight through an experienced pilot who had flown him and many of his players “all over Europe on countless occasions”.The former agent said the pilot, David Henderson, did not own the plane and he did not know who Henderson was going to ask to fly it.Britain’s Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) said on Monday the private plane did not have a commercial licence.However, it said the journey would have been allowed as a “private” flight in which costs are shared between pilot and passenger.The McKays said Thursday that they have been made “scapegoats” but believe investigations will show the crash was a result of “pilot error”.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
DDTV: JIM McGUINNESS’S DONEGAL heroes are hoping to make history on Sunday by winning back-to-back Ulster titles.And while the bookies are underestimating the challenge of opponents Down in the Ulster SFC clash, McGuinness certainly isn’t.In this video preview of this Sunday’s match by jacksonsmediatv also interview Neil McGee, Mark McHugh, Paddy McGrath and Pat Shovelin.Throw-in at Clones on Sunday is at 2pm. The match is all-ticket and for those who can’t make it, the game will be screened live on TV3 with coverage beginning at 1.30pm. Click to play:DDTV: VIDEO PREVIEW OF DONEGAL V DOWN – INTERVIEW WITH JIM McGUINNESS was last modified: July 18th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:DDTV: VIDEO PREVIEW OF DONEGAL V DOWN – INTERVIEW WITH JIM McGUINNESS
Cockhill Celtic Football Club is to receive €189,200 in funding to repair damage caused to the club in August’s flood. Illies Celtic is also set to receive €62,425.The funding has been announced today by Government Chief Whip Joe McHugh.It follows discussions between the Minister and Ministers Shane Ross and Brendan Griffin to secure €139,200 in Government funding. Separately Minister McHugh has secured €50,000 in additional funds from the CEO of the Football Association of Ireland (FAI) John Delaney for Cockhill.“I have spoken to Frances McGuinness at Cockhill Celtic this morning to tell her of the good news in terms of the work done by Minister Brendan Griffin who visited the club with me in the days after the flood and by Minister Ross who has approved funding today,” said Minister McHugh.“The full amount applied for of €139,200 has been approved today by senior Minister Shane Ross after approval by Minister Griffin. I have also met John Delaney from the FAI and he has confirmed this morning that the FAI will also giving €50,000 to Cockhill Celtic, taking the total to almost €190,000 for the club.“I have also spoken to John Doherty at Illies Celtic this morning to tell him the good news that the club has also received the full €62,425 applied for and once again I want to thank Ministerial colleagues Shane Ross and Brendan Griffin for this. “I want to thank the clubs for their diligence in going through the assessment process and I know this funding will be used to repair damage done in the flood and bring back both clubs bigger and better than before.“Both clubs are run by wonderful volunteers who do so much for their local communities and it’s only right that we stand beside them in their hour of need. That’s what I have done.”Flood-hit football clubs set to receive a quarter of a million euro was last modified: December 13th, 2017 by Elaine McCalligShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Cockhill CelticgrantIllies Celticjoe mc hugh
Four Irish dancers received a heroes’ welcome in Donegal Town last night after achieving major success at the WIDA World Championships this Easter.Crowds lined the streets to celebrate the triumphs of Scoil Rince Tir Chonaill dancers Katie Gillespie, Ailis O Gara, Ruth Gillespie and Aoife Doherty. The team proudly brought two world champion titles and 10 world medals home to Donegal from Sunday’s WIDA World Irish Dance Competition in Eindhoven.Aoife Doherty, Katie Gillespie, Ruth Gillespie and Ailis O Gara at the WIDA World Irish Dance Competition in Eindhoven, 21st April 2019Katie Gillespie, was crowned U20 World Champion while Ailis O Gara won the U25 World title. Ruth Gillespie (Katie’s sister) defended her second place title to win an impressive Silver in the U23 category. Aoife Doherty also brought home a world medal from her first World competition.Ailis O Gara, Katie and Ruth Gillespie at the WIDA World Irish Dance Competition in Eindhoven, 21st April 2019Aoife Doherty at the WIDA World Irish Dance Competition in Eindhoven, 21st April 2019The four young women were welcomed home to Donegal Town on Thursday with a special parade and party in their beloved Reel Inn.Ruth, Ailis, Aoife and Katie in The Reel Inn. Photo: Scoil Rince Tir ChonaillTheir teacher Sarah Gillespie, who is Ruth and Katie’s sister, said the World Globe titles will be a great source of pride for many years to come in Donegal.Sarah told Donegal Daily: “The event took place over four days and was attended by competitors from all over the world. WIDA, the organisation which held the event, is one of numerous Irish Dance federations that held World Championships this Easter. WIDA, which is a relatively new organisation founded only in 2004, prides itself on its friendly and welcoming culture where competition stays on the stage. Off the stage every dancer and parent are part of the WIDA family and we’re delighted to be welcoming World Champions back to Donegal Town!” Katie, Sarah and Ruth GillespieDonegal dancers win World Championship titles was last modified: April 26th, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Scoil Rince Tir ChonaillWIDA World Championships